Digital Outreach Plays Key Role in Social Media Programs
Building Relationships with Web Influencers via Value-Add Content
One of our top-of-the-level services is what we call a Social Media Program - specifically designed to help your business launch a new product/service, promote an event, or other time- and goal-specific cross-platform social media PR.
This Social Media Program is only available in the Platinum Package - the highest level of our year-long service packages - and as an à la carte item. And one of the key features of this high-end Social Media Program is digital PR, aka outreach to web influencers.
PROsocialmedia takes seriously its role as an 'ambassador' of your company, treading carefully in social media waters so as to maintain - and enhance - your positive online reputation.
Don't Mess with Blogosphere Etiquette: Your Online Rep is at Stake
Approaching web influencers/thought leaders requires deep knowledge of, and experience with, the blogosphere's 'rules of the road' - in other words, there are distinct, universally accepted etiquette around the use of social media, such as:
- Don't be an information pusher; the "pull" model of consumers/influencers wanting the content reigns.
- Avoid spam - now defined as any contact online that is not solicited or coming via a shared group, peer or other valuable association.
- Never use a fake ID; disclose your business and your full name.
- Disclose all real or potential conflicts of interest - i.e. the comment you are leaving.
- Paying folks to blog about your product/service/company is a bad idea.
- Don't waste your time sending webmaster@ or info@ emails; they'll never be read.
- Phone calls are a bad idea with bloggers; these guys/gals are digital leaders!
- Linking is the best form of flattery.
- Show your engagement: leave comments on their blogs and other social media channels (you don't always have to agree with them; no one likes a suck-up ;)
Play by the rules (unwritten but iron-clad) and you'll reap the many business benefits of social media marketing!