Our Code of Ethics
Practicing Honest, Accountable Internet Marketing on your Behalf
PROsocialmedia adheres to a strict set of ethics in the practice of Internet marketing on behalf of your company. Our best practices include:
- Exclusivity: Non-compete agreement in all contracts that stipulates we won’t conduct business with any of the clients' competitors as defined by the client.
- Full disclosure of conflicts of interest, potential or real.
- Admission of errors and disclosure on our sites and blogs, and encouragement of the same on our clients' sites/blogs.
- Accrediting all information on a website to its original author, along with linking to that source.
- Respecting copyright law for all images and other copyrighted material.
- Accountability: Every action taken on behalf of clients is directly accountable to the client, and must pass their review before any public interaction transpires (PR sent, site launched, etc.)
- Compliance with W3C (international Internet protocols). Compliance with client requirements (legal, financial).
- Quality Control: No site launches, including individual pages, without prior testing in a controlled environment.
- Environmental Stewardship: We keep the planet in mind with our practices in and outside of the office, such as recycling, a print-limitations policy, car pooling, virtual meetings and telecommuting arrangements where possible.
- Social Entrepreneurship: writingSEO and PROsocialmedia donate a percentage of earnings to specific causes as selected by our employees.